Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HALLOWEEN 2011

Great memories are created for kids when Halloween comes around every October 31st. I remember as a youngster, that I dreamt that I had slept right through the day and missed the "trick or treating". What a disaster!! Could you imagine, missing out on all the candy and treats. What a nightmare that was to me as a little boy. The good thing about this past memory is the fact that it was only a dream and I did go out trick and treating with a renewed gusto. But just to be on the safe side I would borrow an alarm clock and set it , just in case. It was always a nuisance when people would give you an apple because they got heavy after awhile. We wanted potato chips, chocolate bars, candy and homemade goodies. That is probably why the next morning the streets would be covered by discarded apples and other unappealing items. I never got to buy a costume so I would just make do with some old baggy clothes and maybe a cheap fake beard from the 5 and dime store. Good memories . Nowadays it is nice to go into stores on that day as the bosses will allow their staff to wear a costume to serve the customers. Never saw this happening 30 to 40 years ago. I guess we are still maturing and learning how to have a bit of fun. Here are some pictures of my wife and others at the store she works at. Enjoy.
Trivia: It's against the law to hunt camels in Arizona.Well, there goes my hunting adventure. 
Did You Know? Thousands of generations of Bogong moths have been spending their summers in caves in the Australian Alps, their dead bodies forming a carpet 5 feet (1.5m) deep. The Corpse Carpet.                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment