Wednesday, May 18, 2011

COWBOYS AND WESTERNS YEE-HAAA

As you can probably surmise, my favorite reading is Westerns. I stumbled across a cowboy western paperback about 10 years ago. Since one of my relaxing passions is reading, that is what I did with this book. Normally my reading consisted of true crime biographys. (Karen always told me that I should have been a cop) This fictional Western really grabbed my attention. So, then my main focus was to read some more. I don't know if it's the revenge factor that intrigues me more the fact that a man had to overcome a lot of obstacles in order to survive a hostile, wild life. My favorite writer is Louis L'Amour. You can picture in your minds eye everything that his writing describes. His morals are right on and I dare you to read just one of his books. You will thank me for the advice. Hopefully. The statue was purchased at the Opreyland Hotel  in Nashville Tennesse. The statue Karen chose will be in my next blog.
Trivia:        Michelangelo drew a shopping list for his illiterate cook.Today it's a priceless work of art.
One more trivia:     Vincent VanGogh sold only one of his paintings in his lifetime.(The Red Vineyard)



Did You Know?      Motorists in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia were awarded free salami for driving courteously. As part of a police road safety initiative, a salami factory offered lunch to any driver who yielded to pedestrians at marked street crossings.

No comments:

Post a Comment